It is likely that we will be caring for many end of life patents in the community due to Covid-19.
Experts have been compiling resources to support general practice, for example:
- NICE and RCGP have both produced guidance regarding palliative care, including symptom management.
- There is a palliative care section in the NHS London: Primary and Community care resource pack during Covid-19.
- The London End of Life Care Clinical Network NHS England and Improvement have also produced a helpful Covid-19 London Primary Care Support document. This includes advice regarding:
- Compassionate conversations.
- Details of ‘Coordinate My Care’ resources.
- Decision making about admission to hospital.
- Care home considerations.
- Care after death.