- In the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have all quickly learned the principles of diagnosing, managing and reviewing patients remotely and identifying when a face-to-face assessment is required.
- Londonwide LMCs has been involved in a collaboration with key national stakeholders in relation to the production of the following guidance on principles for supporting high quality video consultations in general practice during Covid-19 (please note that many of the principles in the guidance also apply to telephone assessment).
- Key guidance pertaining to the principles of remote assessment can be found at the links below:
- Advice on how to establish a remote total triage model in general practice using online consultations (Version 3, 9.2020)
- Remote GP assessment pathway for patients during Covid-19 pandemic (Londonwide LMCs, updated 4.2020)
- Principles for supporting high quality video consultations in general practice during Covid-19 (Version 2, 8.2020)
- Key principles for intimate clinical assessments undertaken remotely in the context of Covid-19 (Version 1, July 2020)
- GMC – remote consultations